THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND
DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT
Rxeed, LLC ("Rxeed"), values the privacy of each user who accesses our website, rxeed.com (the "Site").
Although Rxeed is not required by law to provide you with a Notice of Privacy Practices ("Notice") under
the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") because Rxeed is not a HIPAA-
covered entity, Rxeed has voluntarily agreed to provide you with this privacy notice (“Motice”) to inform
you as to how Rxeed may use your PHI.
This Notice describes how Rxeed may use and disclose protected health information ("PHI") to carry out
any treatment-related services, payment, or health care operations and for other specified purposes that
are permitted or required by law. The Notice also describes your health information rights.
We have voluntarily agreed to provide you with this Notice, comply with the terms of this Notice
currently in effect, and maintain the privacy of your PHI. We may also have to comply with state laws
that govern protection of PHI. We reserve the right to change our practices and this Notice. Any changes
will be effective for PHI we already have about you as well as PHI received in the future. Any revised
Notice will be posted to the Site. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the Site and this Notice from
time-to- time in the future.
Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Health Information
Rxeed may use and disclose PHI about you for the following purposes:
- Treatment. To facilitate or assist with treatment or services rendered by pharmacists or providers
on your behalf. For example, Rxeed may disclose PHI about you to your pharmacist or provider
for your treatment, counseling and drug utilization review (DUR), drug product
recommendations, or related purposes.
- Payment. For various payment-related functions. For example, we may use PHI to determine
eligibility for drug benefits under your insurance plan, to provide eligibility information to your
pharmacist when you order prescription drugs, or to confirm that your chosen pharmacist filled
your prescription at the agreed upon price.
- Health Care Operations. For operations that may be necessary to maintain or operate Rxeed. For
example, Rxeed may use or disclose PHI for quality control activities or to monitor the quality of
services provided to you by pharmacists or providers.
- Health Services. To promote or improve health care services for your benefit. For example,
Rxeed may use your PHI to provide you with information about drug alternatives or other health-
related benefits and services that may be of interest to you. We may also provide you with
treatment and refill reminders and related services.
- Business Associates. To third parties (called business associates) that Rxeed hires for assistance.
Each business associate of Rxeed must agree in writing to ensure the continuing confidentiality
and security of PHI about you in conformance with HIPAA.
Although Rxeed may never have reason to make the following disclosures, Rxeed may also use and
disclose PHI for the following purposes:
- As Required By Law. When required by federal, state or local law. For example, various
regulatory authorities may have rights to audit Rxeed records. Rxeed may also disclose PHI about you as authorized by and to the extent necessary to comply with workers’ compensation or other
- Legal Proceedings. To comply with legal proceedings, such as a court or administrative order,
subpoena, warrant, summons or request under certain circumstances.
- Law Enforcement. To law enforcement officials for certain law enforcement purposes or in
response to a subpoena or court order.
- Public Health. To public health authorities or other appropriate government authorities for public
health purposes or activities, such as to the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- Health Oversight Activities. To a governmental or other agency authorized to oversee the health
care system or government programs, for purposes such as audits, investigations, inspections, and
- Coroners, Medical Examiners, and Funeral Directors. To a coroner, medical examiner, or
funeral director about a deceased person.
- Research. For medical or pharmaceutical research purposes
- Specialized Government Functions. For specialized government functions (e.g., military and
veterans activities, national security and intelligence, federal protective services, medical
suitability determinations, correctional institutions and other law enforcement custodial
Please contact us with questions and comments regarding this Notice at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If you
feel that Rxeed has not complied with this Notice, please contact us at Rxeed, LLC, Attn: Legal
Department, 10062 190th place, Suite 205 Mokena, IL, 60448. Please include your user name, address and
telephone number in any written request or complaint.
Consumer Consent Requirements
- Consent. By clicking the "I Agree" button below, you consent to receive this Notice and any
updated Notices solely in electronic format through the Site. Please regularly check the Site for
updates to the Notice. We will post to the Site any changes in hardware or software requirements
needed to access the Notice.
- Delivery Considerations. To access the Site, you must have access to a personal computer with
appropriate browser software and communications access to the Internet. To print and save the
Notice, you must have access to a printer.
- Duration and Withdrawal of Consent. Your consent will be effective indefinitely. If you would
like a paper copy of the Notice, please contact us at the address or phone number above. We
reserve the right to send you paper copies of any documents or Notice that you have consented to
receive electronically or that are not available electronically and to discontinue sending updated
Notices electronically to you at any time.
By clicking on the "I Agree" button below, you (i) represent that you have read, understand, received, and
consent to electronic delivery of this Notice as of today’s date, (ii) agree that you are providing the legal
equivalent of your handwritten signature, and (iii) agree to print or save a copy of this Notice for your